License, Vaccinate and Microchip Your Dog at the Solvang Licensing Clinic
Dog owners and their dogs are encouraged to come to the Licensing Clinic for Dogs in Solvang on Saturday, October 8, 2011, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at DOGTOBERFEST at Solvang Park (Mission/First Street).
Did you know dog licenses are required by law? Did you know that a rabies tag is not a dog license? Many dog owners do not realize that state and local laws require all dogs over 4 months to be licensed and wearing the animal license tag.
The Solvang Licensing Clinic provides:
- Santa Barbara County dog licenses - all late fees will be waived
- Affordable vaccinations for dogs – Rabies-$6 DHPP-$11 Bordatella-$11
- Microchipping $20 for licensed dogs
- A current rabies certificate and written proof that the dog is spayed or neutered (if applicable) are required to obtain a dog license
- All dogs must be on leash. Cash (no bills over $50) and checks accepted, no credit cards
County Animal Services can quickly reunite a lost dog with its family when the dog is wearing a license. A dog license also makes a difference to the less fortunate animals in our community. Revenue from the sale of dog licenses helps Santa Barbara County Animal Services operate three open door shelters. A dog license proves that you are a responsible pet owner and helps the animals at the shelters find loving homes. Show you care. License your dog. It’s the law.
For more information, contact Santa Barbara County Animal Services, Project PetSafe Team, at 805.934.6968.